The number one question we get asked, is "How can I hide my tummy"? The first thing...it's not all about the tops. There are other things you need to do besides wearing the right top to hide your tummy.
Some women (not me) are fortunate enough to have flat tummies. Whether it be from exercise, diet or good genes. This article is for those of us women over 40, women over 50, women over 60 and beyond, who need a little bit of help to cover your tummy and hide your muffin top.
- The first thing to do is start with the right underwear, it's important that they fit well or they will cause lumps and bumps in all the wrong places. If you wear shapewear, go for high waisted or a full body suit. Or even a well-fitted camisole will help.
- Wear a well-fitting pair of pants or a skirt. Again, high waisted is best. Low waist tends to emphasize our lumps and bumps. One thing is for sure, the tighter my pants...the bigger my muffin top. As much as we hate to do it, sizing up is the best way to go. Your shape will thank you for it.
- Stay away from tops that hit your midsection as that will draw the eyes to that exact spot. Wearing longer tops will draw the eyes past your tummy.
- Avoid wearing belts at your waist as this will also attract attention to your midsection. If you want to wear a belt, wear one loose that hangs on your hips.
- Wearing layers is good, wear something over your top, like a long vest or a cardigan. Something not too bulky though. The idea is to create vertical lines.
- Avoid tops that fit you too tight in the middle. If it clings to your body, it's too small. Go up a size if necessary so that you have room to spare. Comfort is the name of the game.
- Wear tops that float away from your waist. A-lines are always a good choice. Draped tops or a Fit and Flare work really well too. Don't tuck your tops in as it will emphasize your tummy area.
There you have it. Following these simple tips will help you hide your tummy and make your outfits more flattering.
Check out the following tops which are great for covering your tummy and hide your muffin top. In fact, most of Covered Perfectly women's tops are designed for just that. Hence the name
If all else fails, the Cascading Vest is the perfect cover-up
To check out the Complete Collection - click here
Thank you for being a part of my journey
To find out why I created Covered Perfectly